Tuesday 6 January 2015

Happy New Year, and the Future of Back In The Box!

Hello everyone! Just a quick update to wish everyone a (belated) happy Xmas and New Year!

I'm looking forward to lots of new hobby activity in 2015. I'll be:

  • In Warhammer Fantasy, I'll be developing my Wood Elves into a full sized force and having some End Times Battles
  • In Warmahordes, I'll be continuing to grow my Legion of Everblight force and continuing to improve my play (and maybe even win a game on scenario...)
  • In 40k, I'll be attending the UK GT final in Mid March, then shortly afterwards I'll be heading off to Belgium to play in the 40k Six Nations Championship (6NC) with Team Wales, and in August I'll be off to the European Team Championship in Prague with them!
    I'm very excited to be off to probably the biggest 40k event in the world, and hopefully will be playing in the Singles Championship as well as the Team event. I'll cover some of the build up and, but unfortunately I won't be able to go into too much detail about lists and so on before the submission deadline.
Sadly this last point does mean that I won't be able to post many 40k battle reports or go into too much depth about my list, as they're kept quite secret until about a month before the event.
In addition, although the 40k GT and 6NC/ETC are different points values (1650 vs 1850 respectively), the missions are quite similar and due to the timing I'll be trying to use similar lists to get more practice.

So what does this mean for my blog?
Well fortunately I'm hardcore nerdy enough to play 4 different wargames, and I'll be sure to keep the blog ticking over with other battle reports- I've started flying my Imperials again, with Defenders and Bounty Hunters, so there'll be some battle reports there and some coverage of Scum and Villainy too- I'm very excited for the third faction to be released! I'll also be trying to play more Warhammer Fantasy with my Wood Elves, and Warmachine/Hordes with my Legion of Everblight, and might try to go to a local tournament if I'm available.
I'll also be covering all the new 40k releases, which seem to be coming thick and fast, with Necrons and Harlequins both on the near horizon.

Finally, thanks very much for reading once again and here's to a new year of Back In The Box!

SimonW

No comments:

Post a Comment